Guest post by Private Tom
Cross-posted at ☮ is my religion
Catholics believe in Armageddon and the fires of hell. So do global warming believers.
Uh..no. Just-gah, this statement is so full of wingnuttery, no wonder Bolta refused to give any links to his strawman environazis-they don’t exist.
Catholics believe we must repent our sins to be saved. So do global warming believers.
No, you troll. Environmentalists think that we need to drastically cut our emissions on a global level to avert the worst of climate change. That has sweet f*ck all to do with ‘sinning’, which is a religious concept of personal immorality.
Catholics believe love of money is the root of evil. So do global warming believers, only they called money “industrialisation”.
This is so ridiculous it’s almost self-parodying: Bolt has painted conservationists with a brush almost the size of Brendoc’s forehead. I’m a “global warming believer” and I see bigotry and greed as the roots of evil-not industrialisation. Perhaps you’d like to explain why, if greenies are so anti-technology, the Greens are so supportive of more advanced renewable technology? I won’t hold my breath.
UPDATE: Apologies to the readers below who are offended by the comparison. You are right: Catholicism is indeed more rational and benign than the green faith, and doesn’t demand forcible conversion.
OK, that is self-parodying. Why don’t you name 10 people who have been “forcibly converted” to environmentalism? And benign? Like opposing both abortion and contraception despite that policy committing genocide against African women? Compared to campaigning for increasing international to developing nations (CLEARLY SUPPORTING INDUSTRIALISATION)?
UPDATE: W.O. Michelle B. Button cross-posts this, and raises some excellent points:
* Catholicism demands conversion unless you want to be judged for all eternity in Hell.
* Tell the kids who have been molested by priests that Catholicism is benign. Tell the people who have been killed in the name of the religion.
* Catholicism is based on a book which, if it weren’t for the mass support in it’s Truth, would be found squarely in the Fantasy section of the bookstore.
* There is no scientific basis for Catholicism
* Catholicism wants you to believe that there is a guy in the sky who created it all and controls many aspects of the lives of people on earth.
Yep, Catholicism is totally rational.